I realized that I forgot to cross-post here when I posted on Medium, so in case you didn’t know, I’ve left Mozilla and am exploring possible future scenarios.
Thinking it’s probably a good idea to verbalize as I go, as I’m finding conversations to be the best part of my job, and this might provoke some.
- Lightweight infrastructures, from AWS Lambda and the like to the remarkably fun startup projects emerging on that space, esp. Zeit.co’s Now , Polybit’s Stdlib, Auth0’s Webtask (and what’s coming but still missing)
- Learning about the role that software systems are playing in environment-impacting technologies, from smart grids and energy storage to transportation (and avoiding transportation)
- Reading and hearing about more humane organizational models than traditional VC-funded C-corps, from B-corps to cooperatives.
- Anything that might help bend the temperature curve
- Projects that heal or help create healthy communities
- Projects that combine entrepreneurial approaches, modern technology, and public benefit, whether that’s via research, better government, or just useful products.
- Problems that are tough because they’re multidisciplinary